Letters of Kindness is a volunteer program that utilizes the kindness and thoughtfulness of people that want to get involved and have a positive impact on individuals and their communities. Devoted Healthcare is collecting cards, letters, and other mailings to hand deliver to hospice patients to help comfort and soothe their loneliness or social isolation. Bringing joy and a smile to patients is what Letters of Kindness aims to accomplish. We believe that a gesture of kindness can brighten the day of anyone.
A Letter of Kindness
We are collecting cards, letters, postcard, and other mailings to be hand delivered to hospice patients who are on service with Devoted Healthcare. Anyone can participate. Writing solo, with friends, or even schools and organizations.
Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of thoughtful people.
Before sending your letter(s), Here are some suggestions:
1. We encourage in the addressing of the Letter of Kindness to be open such as “Friend”.
2. Letters must be legible ( large print is preferred ) and handwritten.
3. We suggest avoiding anything religious in your letter(s).
4. Embrace your creativity. Recipients love receiving personal letters. We encourage writers to mark their letters thoughtful and heartfelt.
5. Be kind and positive. All Letters of Kindness are a one-way exchange. This means you will not receive a letter back, so remember that no reciprocation attached is part of the thoughtfulness of your act of kindness.
6. Share your act of kindness. We enjoy seeing photos of your letter writing, and it helps promote our cause. Tag us @devotedhealthcare and/or hashtag #lettersofkindness
Ready to Mail? Send To:
675 W Foothill Blvd. Suite 310
Claremont, CA 91711